Aurora Organic Night OilRegular price $46.00
A deeply hydrating & healing organic night oil, starring blue tansy, to relieve dry or inflamed skin. Macadamia, evening primrose and avocado oils create a rich and replenishing elixir, while lemon, lavender and bergamot oil provide a subtle, sweet scent. This oil can be used as a deeply healing night oil in place of moisturiser or serum. Particularly suits dry and dehydrated skin types. Wake up to glowing, plant-kissed skin everyday. Comes in a beautiful glass bottle.
- Organic Olive Oil: Packed with antioxidants and hydrating squalene, leaving your skin barrier extra soft and deeply nourished.
- Organic Macadamia Oil: High in Omega 6 which forms a natural protective barrier for the skin and helps it heal while lightly softening and moisturising.
- Organic Evening Primrose Oil: Contains high levels of GLA essential fatty acids which help to rehydrate dry skin. Particularly nourishing for more mature skin.
- Organic Avocado Oil: High Vitamin E content is known to soothe skin from inflammation and itchiness and assist in maintaining its optimum health.
- Organic Lemon Oil: Has a calming, sedative effect on the body and eases anxiety. It is also an amazing oil for cleansing the skin of impurities, stimulating lymphatic drainage and fighting bacteria.
- Organic Bergamot Oil: A beautiful oil that promotes self-acceptance, optimism and self-love. Helps accelerate your skin's natural healing process.
- Organic Blue Tansy Oil: Rare and 100% natural, this oil is extracted from the Moroccan Chamomile flower and turns deep blue during the extraction process. Known for it's superior skin healing properties, particularly easing inflammation and balancing hormones.
- Organic Lavender Oil: Not just good for relaxing and calming the mind, lavender is actually incredibly good for skin health thanks to it's antibacterial, detoxifying and soothing anti-inflammatory properties. Also known to speed up skin healing.
Self Care Ritual
Complete your nightly facial routine with this deeply nourishing night oil. Apply 1-2 pumps after cleansing and toning. Gently massage onto your face, neck and décolletage in a circular motion.
Before or after moisturiser?
The jury is out on this and it might come down to personal preference & your unique skin needs. If your skin tends to produce more natural oil, you may be able to apply the elixir to skin before moisturising to allow it to sink in, whereas if your skin is naturally dry it may be better to moisturise first and then apply the facial elixir as a final occlusive layer.
Uniquely concentrated nourishment:
Unlike many traditional moisturizers, facial oils are more easily able to penetrate the skin surface and infuse it with the vitamins, fatty acids and antioxidants that rejuvenate and restore. Oil also has the ability to act as a final occlusive layer which locks in the moisture you apply to yours skin and acts as a defence against harsh environmental and lifestyle factors.
Should all skin types use facial oil?
It might seem obvious that dry skin is definitely a candidate for facial oil but should you use facial oil if your skin is naturally more oily? In a nutshell, yes. While, this might seem counterintuitive, over-washing our skin without moisturising effectively can actually strip our skin of it’s natural oils and in turn cause overproduction of oil. Therefore both oily and dry skin types need regular and high quality hydration to be as healthy as possible.